Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mustang1, 10 July 2015, 22:23
my mother wants a convertible daily driver but she has another car that she will drive also and I want her to have a exotic
she wants to stay 25-30k
the oones I have found r the Maserati gransport spyder, elise, and sl500/55

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
CanvasRider, 10 July 2015, 22:43
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/638524331/overview/

You're welcome

CanvasRider
Mustang1, 10 July 2015, 22:51
CanvasRider wrote:
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/638524331/overview/

You're welcome

she wants a 2 seater small

Mustang1
r8lover, 10 July 2015, 22:59
If you're on a budget I don't recommend anything overly exotic. Maintenance can be a pain.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 10 July 2015, 23:00
Maseratis are hard to maintain and the Lotus is kind of cramped if you're really tall, so I'd say the SL of the ones you found.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Mazdafreak, 10 July 2015, 23:05
Lamborarri wrote:
Maseratis are hard to maintain and the Lotus is kind of cramped if you're really tall, so I'd say the SL of the ones you found.

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes though...

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 10 July 2015, 23:07
Mazdafreak wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes though...

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap [Insert premium brand name here]. Seriously, just go with something fun but not exotic/super high level. S5, SLK, Z4, TT, etc would all be cheaper to run and very nearly as fun.
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 10 July 2015, 23:13
Elise is too small and not practical.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
DjShift, 10 July 2015, 23:22
Elise or Delorean would be my choices.

Or a Plymouth Prowler.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Mustang1, 11 July 2015, 00:10
well she wants a small 2 seater and if she gets a Maserati she might have about 7k for gas and matinece so that is good and a delorean is not a convertible

Mustang1
FanOfSuperCars, 11 July 2015, 00:22
Mustang1 wrote:
well she wants a small 2 seater and if she gets a Maserati she might have about 7k for gas and matinece so that is good and a delorean is not a convertible

I'm guessing that 7k wouldn't last long if you were to get the Maserati.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 11 July 2015, 00:22

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
W16, 11 July 2015, 00:31
A cheap, used exotic as a daily driver sounds like a terrible idea and a huge headache. It's not worth sinking all that money into something that is maybe only marginally cooler than something new in that price range. I got a brand new, fully-loaded Focus ST for $26k and it's awfully fun and I never have to think about whether or not it's going to get me to work the next day.

W16
from Pennsylvania
r8lover, 11 July 2015, 01:00
Mustang1 wrote:

$7k for a Maserati out of warranty? Haha, good one. A new battery for our GT was $750. Half for the Maserati battery and half for the workers. Gas with it being a daily driver won't be good either.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 11 July 2015, 01:19
I agree with Jon. I'd go for a Fiesta ST or Focus ST for $20,000-$25,000 and not have to worry about whether it'll get me to work the next day or not. Or she can get a new Miata when they come out if she wants a fun to drive reliable convertible.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
ianr22, 11 July 2015, 01:32
Dont get an Elise for daily. My dad is planning on getting one for weekends. He test drove one. Its bumpy, stiff, and hot. I would not recommend it.
Deleted account
Post a reply