Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mtweedel13, 13 February 2016, 06:08
I'm headed to Washington DC to meet with family March 12-20. Since there seem to be some good places to spot cars, could any DC spotters tell me where the best places are to find cars?

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Lamborarri, 13 February 2016, 19:49
Georgetown would be your best bet, as well as some of the surrounding areas like Rosslyn and Alexandria.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
racemanryan, 13 February 2016, 19:53
I've seen a couple nice cars in Alexandria every time I've gone. Saw one Aston Martin while in D.C. but that was it.

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 13 February 2016, 21:40
We were in Annondale a couple years ago....saw a Lotus Exige at a Jason's Deli (I think it was the one off of Leesburg Pike), a Tesla Roadster somewhere in DC, an Aston Martin DBS near a metro station on Gallows Rd at I-66, and a Vantage on I-495.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
SDJ2_Photography, 13 February 2016, 23:08
There's a Tesla dealer in DC near the Smithsonian, you could go and probably see a Roadster and maybe a Model X.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
VolvoMan05, 14 February 2016, 15:55
Check Tyson's Galleria and Georgetown. Those places have exotics all the time. Georgetown I'd walk down M Street starting from Key Bridge and ending at the Four Seasons hotel. Check the parking lot across Georgetown Cupcake. Once at the Four Seasons, cross the street and walk back to Key Bridge but this time check the parking lot at Riggs Bank. I've seen a F12 and recently Model X P90D there. The parking lots are best at dinner time. I'd also go check Water St at the waterfront; some exotics run down there just for the noise. Some park there as well for some fishing and food etc. Georgetown is best 12-6 and 8-12. I'd stick to M St as it is the main street and exotics show up there more often. Also check the intersecting streets of M Street; there are restaurants people park at. For Tyson's Galleria, start at the upper floor parking garage at Neiman Marcus and walk to Macy's at the other end. Check every row and space. Once at Macy's side, go down to the bottom floor and walk back to Neiman Marcus checking every row and space and the car wash. Repeat the process 2-3 times. Be aware of the security personnel in the Ford Escapes. Those two are the most annoying. Check the car wash and the Ritz-Carlton; best times there are 12-4 and 6-10. Also check Coastal Flats valet at dinnertime usually around 8-9PM. That's about it for DC; enjoy and send any questions!
Last modified by VolvoMan05, 14 February 2016, 15:55

VolvoMan05
Mtweedel13, 14 February 2016, 19:13
VolvoMan05 wrote:
Check Tyson's Galleria and Georgetown. Those places have exotics all the time. Georgetown I'd walk down M Street starting from Key Bridge and ending at the Four Seasons hotel. Check the parking lot across Georgetown Cupcake. Once at the Four Seasons, cross the street and walk back to Key Bridge but this time check the parking lot at Riggs Bank. I've seen a F12 and recently Model X P90D there. The parking lots are best at dinner time. I'd also go check Water St at the waterfront; some exotics run down there just for the noise. Some park there as well for some fishing and food etc. Georgetown is best 12-6 and 8-12. I'd stick to M St as it is the main street and exotics show up there more often. Also check the intersecting streets of M Street; there are restaurants people park at. For Tyson's Galleria, start at the upper floor parking garage at Neiman Marcus and walk to Macy's at the other end. Check every row and space. Once at Macy's side, go down to the bottom floor and walk back to Neiman Marcus checking every row and space and the car wash. Repeat the process 2-3 times. Be aware of the security personnel in the Ford Escapes. Those two are the most annoying. Check the car wash and the Ritz-Carlton; best times there are 12-4 and 6-10. Also check Coastal Flats valet at dinnertime usually around 8-9PM. That's about it for DC; enjoy and send any questions!

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to give you an update, and post pics that I get.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
VolvoMan05, 16 February 2016, 16:20
Mtweedel13 wrote:
VolvoMan05 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to give you an update, and post pics that I get.

Sure thing! If you have any questions just send em on over!

VolvoMan05
mtweedel15, 17 February 2016, 04:32
VolvoMan05 wrote:
Mtweedel13 wrote:
VolvoMan05 wrote:

Sure thing! If you have any questions just send em on over!

Just booked an apartment, but we'll have to fly into Baltimore.

mtweedel15
from Riverview, Florida
Post a reply