Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 06 November 2013, 17:22
So... I know everybody (including me) hates when people make threads asking stuff like; "is this legal", "can i post this", "should i post this", et cetera: but i just hit a moment where i felt like i should ask before posting a spot like the ones in the normal threads. Well, instead of spending an entire thread to get a one or two comment answer, i had the idea of making a singular post where anyone can ask the same question when they need to by either posting a photo of the car to ask or just describing the questionable spot. Maybe this will reduce the amount of threads like this that happen each week. Anybody can feel free to ask in here and hopefully there will also be people answerring.
Last modified by moderator, 02 March 2014, 18:02

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
DjShift, 06 November 2013, 17:28
To start us off i'll ask my question.

I was at the Webster Jaguar/Range Rover dealership the other day doing a school photography assignment using their 5 F-Types (my first 5 by the way) when in turns a brand new 911 Carrera S. the owner was a teenager and he was only in the lot for about 5 minutes before he left so i dont think he was an employee and obviously it wasn't a Porsche dealership so would i be allowed to post it? By the way, i took the photos with a 35mm film camera and i've always wanted to post a film photo on here. So... Would it be okay? Or is the rule just that we cant post anything that's on dealership grounds whether or not the brand is related in any way, shape, or form?

DjShift
cartmen220, 06 November 2013, 17:49
DjShift wrote:

I was at the Webster Jaguar/Range Rover dealership the other day doing a school photography assignment using their 5 F-Types (my first 5 by the way) when in turns a brand new 911 Carrera S. the owner was a teenager and he was only in the lot for about 5 minutes before he left so i dont think he was an employee and obviously it wasn't a Porsche dealership so would i be allowed to post it? By the way, i took the photos with a 35mm film camera and i've always wanted to post a film photo on here. So... Would it be okay? Or is the rule just that we cant post anything that's on dealership grounds whether or not the brand is related in any way, shape, or form?

Nope, no dealerships at all. Next thing we know, everyone starts coming up with their own special circumstances for why their dealership shot should be legitimate and it's just too big a hassle.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Lamboshane, 06 November 2013, 17:50
DjShift wrote:

It would be cool to see a film photo, but it's been said countless times that dealer shots are not allowed no matter what the car is doing there.

Lamboshane
from New York
DjShift, 06 November 2013, 18:13
Okay. I wont upload it on here then. Maybe it'll be one for Flickr when i manage to make a good print of it.
Thanks guys.

DjShift
MrCar, 06 November 2013, 18:28
I have one that some people might have heard of:
A local car collector invited people from the local car clubs to see his collection. My dad and I, being in the Studebaker Cub, were invited. Some guy from the Bentley Club showed up in his Turbo RT! The owner was very nice and let me sit in if! Is it legit to post? He didn't HAVE to bring his car, he just wanted to.

MrCar
andrewo, 06 November 2013, 18:31
DjShift wrote:
So... I know everybody (including me) hates when people make threads asking stuff like; "is this legal", "can i post this", "should i post this", et cetera: but i just hit a moment where i felt like i should ask before posting a spot like the ones in the normal threads. Well, instead of spending an entire thread to get a one or two comment answer, i had the idea of making a singular post where anyone can ask the same question when they need to by either posting a photo of the car to ask or just describing the questionable spot. Maybe this will reduce the amount of threads like this that happen each week. Anybody can feel free to ask in here and hopefully there will also be people answerring.

It's about time someone made a post like this. Thanks Sam!
Deleted account
sumosloths, 06 November 2013, 18:36
Lol I've always kinda wanted to make a thread like this but I never really knew how to word it. Thanks for making this!

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cartmen220, 06 November 2013, 18:54
MrCar wrote:
I have one that some people might have heard of:
A local car collector invited people from the local car clubs to see his collection. My dad and I, being in the Studebaker Cub, were invited. Some guy from the Bentley Club showed up in his Turbo RT! The owner was very nice and let me sit in if! Is it legit to post? He didn't HAVE to bring his car, he just wanted to.

I think so but I'm not 100%, wait for someone else to add their opinion.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
nyexphotography, 06 November 2013, 20:22
DjShift wrote:

Thats where we bought our Land Rover. We know one of the sales reps

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Chaserdog, 06 November 2013, 20:45
Ok so I'll start. A brand new red corvette drove by and the owner bought it yesterday and it is the first one sold in the Bay Area and the only one so far.

Chaserdog
from Sunnyvale, California
cartmen220, 06 November 2013, 20:46
Chaserdog wrote:
Ok so I'll start. A brand new red corvette drove by and the owner bought it yesterday and it is the first one sold in the Bay Area and the only one so far.

Nope, they aren't exotic and have been getting removed.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
DjShift, 06 November 2013, 20:48
Andrew and Sumosloths, No problem.

Nathan, Hmm. That's a hard one. I'm not entirely sure how that would go down if you were to post it but were you around when he invited the guy with the Bentley? Because that could be one determining factor. That's probably an inquiry for the admins so people cant start an arguement.

Nick, Cool. I once asked them if they had an oppening for a job and they said I might be able to work for them when I turn 18. I think i'll ask the Maserati dealership first though when I do come of age.

DjShift
MrCar, 06 November 2013, 20:51
DjShift wrote:

Nathan, Hmm. That's a hard one. I'm not entirely sure how that would go down if you were to post it but were you around when he invited the guy with the Bentley? Because that could be one determining factor. That's probably an inquiry for the admins so people cant start an arguement.

Nick, Cool. I once asked them if they had an oppening for a job and they said I might be able to work for them when I turn 18. I think i'll ask the Maserati dealership first though when I do come of age.

I wasn't around when he invited the Bentley. The reason I think it is post able is some people in these car clubs just drove random cars.

MrCar
nyexphotography, 06 November 2013, 20:56
DjShift wrote:

I can help with the Maserati job, Message me if you need more details.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Post a reply