Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
pdkcars, 15 January 2018, 17:00
I thought this would be an interesting topic. Story topics a favorite of mine on this forum. I'm sure we've all heard questionable things being said about a car, whether while spotting one, at a car show, or randomly in class or in random conversations.

I'm not gonna lie, I've heard a lot of dumb things, most worse than what I'm about to share. But I thought this was worth sharing:

I was at cars and coffee this past Saturday and Ferrari brought their GTC4Lusso T. Everybody was checking it out. Most people appreciate it. But while I'm standing towards the back of it getting pictures, this chubby kid and his dad walk by to take a look. His dad asks his son about the car as if he was some kind of expert and the kid says "Not good... it's slow" as they do a walk around. And then he says "lame" and rights the car off like it was nothing. I scoffed, I don't think a Ferrari that can outrun a 360 Modena, despite the fact that it weighs 4000 pounds and comfortably seats four, is slow. I'm sure the Ferrari Representative standing by was thinking "what is this kid on about?" I know I sure was.

Any stories you guys would like to share?

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Georgiaspotter, 15 January 2018, 17:22
I saw a video where there was a Bugatti and the guy videoing was like that is gonna be mine someday then another guy asked him what kind of car it was and the guy said "I don't know maybe a Lambo?"

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
dandude999, 15 January 2018, 17:23
I've seen a couple of articles saying that supercars are absurd.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
Mazdafreak, 15 January 2018, 18:59
Stumbled across a gorgeous first-gen Audi R8 V10 Spyder at the mall in Charlotte last week. I was taking a few pics of it when these two guys walked past. One of them noticed the R8 and practically shouted out "dude, look, a Lamborghini!"

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
ALB15, 15 January 2018, 19:59
Mazdafreak wrote:
Stumbled across a gorgeous first-gen Audi R8 V10 Spyder at the mall in Charlotte last week. I was taking a few pics of it when these two guys walked past. One of them noticed the R8 and practically shouted out "dude, look, a Lamborghini!"

That happened to me one time...Was taking pictures of a 918 in B.H. and someone yelled, "Look a Ferrari!" when pointing at the 918...

ALB15
Star080, 16 January 2018, 02:11
1. I thought the M3 is much more expensive than the M6 back in 2011.
2. When I was taking some photos of an Aventador some bystander said to his girlfriend, "OMG, look at that nice Ferrari!"
3. People ignoring a GT3 and checking a Boxster parked right next to it
4. Some gold digger ghetto girls in China thought a BMW 320 is more expensive than an Audi Q7
5. My friend saw an Aventador and a 918 parked together, but many people was looking at the Aventador and the 918 did not get that much attention from non-car guys (perhaps they think the 918 is like a Boxster).

Star080
Mtweedel13, 16 January 2018, 03:29
There was a kid at my high school who legitimately thought that every car that looked like a sportscar was a Ferrari, Lambo, or Bugatti. Even the Bugatti itself was misidentified as a Porsche 918.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
szhirr, 16 January 2018, 04:58
The BMW AMG

szhirr
from Mexico
carguyjt, 16 January 2018, 06:08
Georgiaspotter wrote:
I saw a video where there was a Bugatti and the guy videoing was like that is gonna be mine someday then another guy asked him what kind of car it was and the guy said "I don't know maybe a Lambo?"

and then it crashed into a lake lmao

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
Rivitography, 16 January 2018, 06:33
Georgiaspotter wrote:

I was literally just thinking about that video lmao. He says "pretty sure that's a Lambo dude."

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 16 January 2018, 06:35
carguyjt wrote:
Georgiaspotter wrote:

The dude who crashed it into a lake got some time in prison for insurance fraud. He was going to wreck it to claim the $2,000,000 from insurance, however the teenagers in the car next to him filmed him deliberately driving it into a lake. No insurance money was given out, dude is out a Veyron, and served time in prison.

Rivitography
from New York
carguyjt, 16 January 2018, 06:44
Rivitography wrote:
carguyjt wrote:
Georgiaspotter wrote:

The dude who crashed it into a lake got some time in prison for insurance fraud. He was going to wreck it to claim the $2,000,000 from insurance, however the teenagers in the car next to him filmed him deliberately driving it into a lake. No insurance money was given out, dude is out a Veyron, and served time in prison.

lol the guy just happens to be filmed THEN out of all times. he probably had the thought process of "and I woulda gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids"

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
Leaf_Soto, 16 January 2018, 06:48
Oh that video. Dear god. I'm gonna come clean and admit that at this mall I saw a Maserati and at the time (I was like 12 and stupid, given this was the very first Maserati I had ever seen) this dude was like "Check out this Maserati" but he said it so fast I didn't quite catch it so I said "Masu-mati" and he just stared at me like I was the anit-christ. Then my Mum corrected me and I felt like a complete dumbass.
Last modified by Leaf_Soto, 16 January 2018, 06:49

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
King_AM, 16 January 2018, 13:56
Stranger: "What year is your Corvette?"
Owner: "2016".

It was actually a Porsche 918 Spyder.
Last modified by King_AM, 16 January 2018, 13:56

King_AM
pdkcars, 16 January 2018, 17:46
Owner must've been so dumbfounded lol.

pdkcars