Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
hjrodenburg, 03 October 2013, 23:40
Does anyone have any show or dealership pictures that could probably be believed as spots?

hjrodenburg
from Washington
drenzo, 04 October 2013, 05:41
hjrodenburg wrote:
Does anyone have any show or dealership pictures that could probably be believed as spots?

Plenty of show images on this site, but they are allowed sometimes dependant on the below. This is what I was told by the admins last week.

"It should be pretty obvious for everyone, that it is impossible to write a set
of rules for ES with mathematical precision. Sometime we allow for NOT-REALLY-TRUE
spot to be published, sometime we remove TRUE spots because they are not cool enough
and so on. That is why we have moderators (many thanks to them) to look and decide."

But there are also fake spots in respect to say a bog standard 911 being posted as a 911 Turbo S a rare exotic.

http://www.exoticspotter.com/porsche-911-turbo-silverstone-united-kingdom-140660

I have been caught out myself on a 911 GT fake, so I removed it. But it looked very authentic.

So I guess if you are uploading show images make sure they are cool enough, and the admins will decide.
Last modified by drenzo, 04 October 2013, 09:42
Deleted account
cartmen220, 04 October 2013, 08:09
drenzo wrote:
So I guess if you are uploading show images make sure they are cool enough, and the admins will decide.

No. Do not upload show images.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
drenzo, 04 October 2013, 08:20
cartmen220 wrote:
drenzo wrote:

Well I suggest you read my post again, I don't make up the rules I am just posting what I was told.

especially the

"Sometime we allow for NOT-REALLY-TRUE
spot to be published, sometime we remove TRUE spots because they are not cool enough
and so on. That is why we have moderators (many thanks to them) to look and decide."

If you want to see the reply I got its here

http://www.exoticspotter.com/forum/spotting/admin-clarification-of-rulesd-t1083/
Last modified by drenzo, 04 October 2013, 12:21
Deleted account
eplusplus, 04 October 2013, 09:41
cartmen220 wrote:
drenzo wrote:

Sure. Do not upload show images, no matter how cool are they.

eplusplus
hjrodenburg, 04 October 2013, 18:20
No what I meant on this forum is YOUR PICTURES from a show or dealer that if you posted them on the site, they probably wouldnt be removed. (Because they look real) But dont post them on the site, just post them on this forum.
Last modified by hjrodenburg, 04 October 2013, 22:34

hjrodenburg
from Washington
MNmopar, 04 October 2013, 18:34
[http://i.imgur.com/dG8zG3v.jpg]
Ferrari f12 at the porsche dealership in Minneapolis. Was not for sale and was owned by someone.

MNmopar
from Apple Valley, Minnesota
drenzo, 05 October 2013, 06:07
MNmopar wrote:
Ferrari f12 at the porsche dealership in Minneapolis. Was not for sale and was owned by someone.

Everything is for sale....

But what does it matter if it was for sale or a customer car, or even just turning around, the rules on the upload page are clear.

http://www.exoticspotter.com/upload-photos/

REAL WORLD only, we want to see cars in the wild: NO car shows, racetracks, driveways, dealerships--what's the fun in that?

I could go to any of the vast amount of dealers in my area, take images of customer cars and claim they are not for sale.I see plenty of customer pulling up at the Aston dealer opposite my work but would never post there cars. As they are taken at dealers so against the rules. I could go to the service centre of the dealers and get 20 Ferraris no problem, but what's the point.
Deleted account
MNmopar, 05 October 2013, 16:26
drenzo wrote:
MNmopar wrote:

Everything is for sale....

But what does it matter if it was for sale or a customer car, or even just turning around, the rules on the upload page are clear.

http://www.exoticspotter.com/upload-photos/

REAL WORLD only, we want to see cars in the wild: NO car shows, racetracks, driveways, dealerships--what's the fun in that?

I could go to any of the vast amount of dealers in my area, take images of customer cars and claim they are not for sale.I see plenty of customer pulling up at the Aston dealer opposite my work but would never post there cars. As they are taken at dealers so against the rules. I could go to the service centre of the dealers and get 20 Ferraris no problem, but what's the point.

It was NOT for sale. I checked their website and all the ones around. You might be able to find exotic cars near you, but we don't have any exotic car dealerships other than a Bentley/Maserati dealership. Thats why i'm posting it on this thread, because many people would be butt-hurt if i posted it to the actual page.

MNmopar
from Apple Valley, Minnesota
dandude999, 20 February 2019, 07:28
Honestly, I am getting tired of all of these dealership 'spots'. Although the community is good at spotting them, why do people have to be so dishonest on this site? If this continues, I'm most likely going to leave this site, at least for a while.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
racemanryan, 20 February 2019, 12:46
dandude999 wrote:
Honestly, I am getting tired of all of these dealership 'spots'. Although the community is good at spotting them, why do people have to be so dishonest on this site? If this continues, I'm most likely going to leave this site, at least for a while.

Agreed. It's one of the reasons I don't log on too often nowadays.

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Bugatti Veyron, 20 February 2019, 14:55
dandude999 wrote:

One of my mates was always on this site, got me into it! People were so toxic on here, he had a couple shots deleted for no reason too.. But I am seeing more and more and more dealership shots on here than ever before! It's more than dishonesty, it's laziness and out of order. I only stay on here as I don't have Instagram and really do not want to have it too! But goddamn! People please stick to the rules...

Bugatti Veyron
from Tiverton, United Kingdom
waddle2gracious, 20 February 2019, 17:00
dandude999 wrote:

This is the most inactive I've been on this site in years. As of about 4 weeks ago, I too was getting fed up with the fake spots and the overall inactivity of the website, so I decided to remove ES from my favorites and see how often it came up in my mind. I think I've maybe logged in 5 times in the past 30 days, and I expect that frequency to decrease lol.

I've had some new things going on in my life, so I looked at the places where I was spending 'wasted' time to manage my time more usefully, and this came out to be one of those places that I could let go of. About to make what is probably my final upload to ES.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
WorcesterSpotter, 20 February 2019, 17:07
Saleen S281, Shelby Supersnake, Shelby GT500 all spotted in the wild: Not exotic
Dealership spots of other low level exotics: Exotic

???

WorcesterSpotter
dandude999, 21 February 2019, 07:58
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Saleen S281, Shelby Supersnake, Shelby GT500 all spotted in the wild: Not exotic
Dealership spots of other low level exotics: Exotic

???

Yeah, that is exactly what is making me consider leaving. Genuine spots aren't accepted yet dealership spots are.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
Post a reply