Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
waddle2gracious, 25 August 2017, 20:08
Been thinking about this one lately, and after seeing different angles/photos/videos about it, I must bring it up: The Kode 0 revealed at Car Week.

I think it looks quite poorly designed, yet I see a bunch of different car accounts on IG praising how the car looks. IMO the only bright side to it is the likely financial appreciation of it with its highly limited production. Other than that, I find no aesthetic aspect of the car appealing in any way.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 25 August 2017, 20:08

waddle2gracious
from Florida
pdkcars, 26 August 2017, 18:04
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
BMW X4
BMW X6
Mercedes GLE Coupe

I'm pretty sure everyone hates these lmao

Just the X4. I've always liked the X6 and GLE Coupe

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Mazdafreak, 27 August 2017, 02:42
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
BMW X4
BMW X6
Mercedes GLE Coupe

I'm pretty sure everyone hates these lmao

Though I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the others.

The new Audi R8 is kind of ugly, plus it doesn't offer a manual anymore. The i8 looks exotic, but I've seen so many of them around and they just don't really do anything for me. The X4, X6, and GLE Coupe are ugly overweight pigs that aren't as practical as actual SUVs and don't look as good as actual coupes. The Ferrari 488, while certainly exotic-looking, is kind of ugly, as is the LaFerrari and the new Ford GT. The AMG GT just don't look that great to me, and I've always thought the SLS AMG was one of the ugliest exotics ever produced (from a notable brand).

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
pdkcars, 29 August 2017, 15:55
Mazdafreak wrote:
The i8 looks exotic, but I've seen so many of them around and they just don't really do anything for me.

Thought I was the only one who felt this way. I mean I will still go out of the way to get a good pic of one if I can but it's not that exciting anymore. My dad personally finds it a bit ugly.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
waddle2gracious, 29 August 2017, 17:16
pdkcars wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
The i8 looks exotic, but I've seen so many of them around and they just don't really do anything for me.

Thought I was the only one who felt this way. I mean I will still go out of the way to get a good pic of one if I can but it's not that exciting anymore. My dad personally finds it a bit ugly.

Yeah, same here actually. Saw a white i8 last week, had a chance to get photos of it, but I just thought, "Ah oh well, I've gotta be somewhere soon so I'll pass." But, I later found out that I left my memory card at home, so it didn't matter anyway.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
pdkcars, 29 August 2017, 23:55
So that "new" Continental GT just came out and everybody likes it while I'm up here thinking "ain't this just a glorified facelift with slap on Speed concept parts and a decent interior upgrade?"

I'm sorry I just don't care for it. Maybe it does look better than the last one but I can't be the only one who expected a full on redesign. It seems many car designers are pulling this cr*p these days. As much as I love the 488 and California T, they weren't full redesigns in my opinion. They look the same as their predecessors with minor aesthetic changes. This Bentley is the same story. What happened to a changing the whole shape of the car, even by a little bit? 812 for example. 812 compared to the F12 is about as minimal as a supposed redesign should get. No less.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
r8lover, 30 August 2017, 01:59
pdkcars wrote:
So that "new" Continental GT just came out and everybody likes it while I'm up here thinking "ain't this just a glorified facelift with slap on Speed concept parts and a decent interior upgrade?"

The Continental GT is an all new car from what I remember hearing. It looks quite a bit different if you actually look at it. If it was just a facelift they'd be updating it like the slowly updated the Continental GT over the years, where each model only looks *slightly* different from the one before it. The new one actually looks different.

But you do realize that's how Ferrari have always done things right? Every time there's an all new model, a slightly updated model comes out later to keep it competitive before the next all new model comes out. That's how the 308/328, 348/355, 360/430, 458/488, 550/575, F12/812, California/California T, and FF/GTC4Lusso (and more I'm probably forgetting) have all been. Ferrari will replace all of their facelifts soon, just as they just recently did with the Portofino replacing the California T.

Doing things this way keeps the cars competitive without having to fully replace it every 5 years, which when you're a smaller car company is pretty important. It drastically reduces development costs while making sure the cars can still soldier on while looking fresh and ahead of the competition. Everybody does it. Look at Mclaren with the MP4 and 650S, Porsche and all of the .2 generation 911s, Rolls Royce and the Ghost/Phantom Series II, Bentley and the updated Mulsanne.
Last modified by r8lover, 30 August 2017, 02:04
Deleted account
EoHK, 01 September 2017, 07:05
Mustang1 wrote:
mclaren F1

You know...I'm with you on that. I only saw my first Mclaren F1 Last year and expected something more. It was parked (at a car show) in between an XJ220, EB110, F40, Apollo S and a Lexus LFA (odd that that was there) and it was the one that excited me the least.

I can appreciate that it's a crazy landmark machine and 3 seater driving position is sick as fook but the aesthetics just don't do it for me.

Also saw a P1 GTR and was slightly dissapointed however it was a black car and some of the lines were a bit hidden, I did warm to it over the time I spent with it.
Last modified by EoHK, 01 September 2017, 07:06

EoHK
from Hong Kong, China
Georgiaspotter, 22 November 2017, 22:58
I actually really don't like the Ferari Enzo. It just looks weird in my opinion.

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
Georgiaspotter, 22 November 2017, 22:59
Also hate the venano

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
Leaf_Soto, 23 November 2017, 22:49
I'm not the biggest fan of classic American muscle cars.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Mustang7, 24 November 2017, 01:37
Pretty much all old cars

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
458_Eddy, 24 November 2017, 16:15
Old vipers... They're just so ugly in my opinion

The new 2018 mustang looks pretty ugly too.

458_Eddy
from North Carolina
MinnesotaExotics, 25 November 2017, 15:32
I’m not a fan of the McLaren 570S and 720S. I really like the other McLarens, especially the 675LT and P1 but the head lights are super ugly on the 570S and 720S and the spoiler on the 720S kind of ruins the flowy car the 720S was supposed to be.

MinnesotaExotics
from Stillwater, Minnesota
UtahCarSpotter, 30 November 2017, 03:51
AndyF wrote:
I’m not a fan of the McLaren 570S and 720S. I really like the other McLarens, especially the 675LT and P1 but the head lights are super ugly on the 570S and 720S and the spoiler on the 720S kind of ruins the flowy car the 720S was supposed to be.

I think the 570S is kind of ugly too, but the 720S looks great to me. I also hate every BMW ever and although the i8 looks ok it doesn't have good performance. All other BMWs are ugly. I hate HATTTTE modern Camaros they look like a brick on wheels. I think a lot of Mercedes models are pointless being to similar to each other. The SLS,SLR,6X6 and CLK GTR are awesome exceptions.

UtahCarSpotter
from Salt Lake City, Utah
Post a reply