Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 31 July 2017, 03:41
I bought a 1976 Mercedes 450SL a few days ago on the 27th. I've now personally owned 3 cars before but I guess you can say this is my "first car" because neither of the others have ever been running before.

[https://500px.com/photo/221876637]
If the photo doesn't show
Last modified by DjShift, 31 July 2017, 03:42

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
r8lover, 02 August 2017, 04:07
DjShift wrote:
I bought a 1976 Mercedes 450SL a few days ago on the 27th. I've now personally owned 3 cars before but I guess you can say this is my "first car" because neither of the others have ever been running before.

Not a bad "first" car! How is it?
Last modified by r8lover, 02 August 2017, 04:07
Deleted account
DjShift, 03 August 2017, 04:51
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Thank you!

I bought it knowing it needs a little work. Nothing major but stuff like some paint touch up, A/C, and a few little moth holes in the soft top. And it certainly isn't as fast as any of the other cars I've ever considered.

But I do love getting to drive it. The seats are incredibly comfortable with their own springs to reduce shock. The car sounds like a real muscle car with the V8 and front end lifting up when you step on the gas. Kids point when I drive by and people ask questions whenever I park.

Now police do follow me every time I start driving and I haven't yet witnessed any repair costs but I bought it cause I wanted one and I guess that's just the Mercedes-Benz experience. lol
Last modified by DjShift, 03 August 2017, 04:51

DjShift
nyexphotography, 05 August 2017, 04:34
My mom just got a 2014 Z4 35 Sdrive with a 6 speed

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 05 August 2017, 21:09
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Thank you!

I bought it knowing it needs a little work. Nothing major but stuff like some paint touch up, A/C, and a few little moth holes in the soft top. And it certainly isn't as fast as any of the other cars I've ever considered.

But I do love getting to drive it. The seats are incredibly comfortable with their own springs to reduce shock. The car sounds like a real muscle car with the V8 and front end lifting up when you step on the gas. Kids point when I drive by and people ask questions whenever I park.

Now police do follow me every time I start driving and I haven't yet witnessed any repair costs but I bought it cause I wanted one and I guess that's just the Mercedes-Benz experience. lol

Oh dear, hopefully you get the A/C sorted out soon since it is summer lol. It looks like its a lot of fun though. I bet that would be a blast to drive. I always enjoy the older muscle cars, with the front lifting and the V8 rumble from behind you.

Hopefully you won't incur too many big Mercedes repair bills.
Deleted account
DjShift, 09 August 2017, 18:28
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Oh dear, hopefully you get the A/C sorted out soon since it is summer lol. It looks like its a lot of fun though. I bet that would be a blast to drive. I always enjoy the older muscle cars, with the front lifting and the V8 rumble from behind you.

The A/C is one of my bigger problems right now. For some reason if the windows and top are up it gets incredible hot In there for some reason. Probably the engine hear coming through the windshield defrost vents but haven't confirmed that yet. Also think I may be getting some Carbon Monoxide inside the cabin at times too. Top down it's incredibly fun though.

And the Mercedes dealer didn't charge a ton for my inspection but I'm also going to do an oil change soon and apparently it's either $145 at the dealership or $25-50 at my mom's mechanic. Not sure if there's a major benefit to the dealership that makes it worth it though or if the mechanic would do the exact same thing.

DjShift
FanOfSuperCars, 09 August 2017, 20:10
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

The A/C is one of my bigger problems right now. For some reason if the windows and top are up it gets incredible hot In there for some reason. Probably the engine hear coming through the windshield defrost vents but haven't confirmed that yet. Also think I may be getting some Carbon Monoxide inside the cabin at times too. Top down it's incredibly fun though.

And the Mercedes dealer didn't charge a ton for my inspection but I'm also going to do an oil change soon and apparently it's either $145 at the dealership or $25-50 at my mom's mechanic. Not sure if there's a major benefit to the dealership that makes it worth it though or if the mechanic would do the exact same thing.

You could probably just change the oil yourself, I doubt it's too hard to do.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Leaf_Soto, 20 October 2017, 02:08
2006 Saturn Ion. With K&N performance air intake filter. Stick-on air diverters above the rear windscreen. And some anime stickers.
https://leafsoto.deviantart.com/art/Fate-please-Stay-on-Night-Stickers-709539314

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Mazdafreak, 20 October 2017, 13:10
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Oil changes are pretty routine. If you're not going to do it yourself, and your mom'm mechanic has been reliable, just take it to him.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
DjShift, 24 October 2017, 03:01
Mazdafreak wrote:
Oil changes are pretty routine. If you're not going to do it yourself, and your mom'm mechanic has been reliable, just take it to him.

I ended up taking it to the mechanic for the oil change but something's still wrong with my oil as it won't stop leaking and I've had to put in like a quart a week for the past couple months. Not sure why. Seems the bolt at the bottom is letting some out and the gaskets are also letting out oil despite just changing them. Not sure. I'm just gonna let it happen and keep putting in more I guess. But the oil does leak onto the exhaust manifold and let out a bunch of smoke when I park sometimes as it burns off.

Also just had a fix-it ticket for my taillight and another for my high beams. And almost got a distracted driving ticket from using my phone's flashlight to illuminate my dash.

DjShift
DjShift, 13 November 2017, 00:24
Bought a 1994 Range Rover Classic County a couple weeks ago and picked it up yesterday.

No pics yet though as it broke on the first day.

It's no show car though, definitely my project/winter car but I wanted one of these Amphibious Exploring Vehicles so I got one. lol

DjShift
r8lover, 13 November 2017, 03:04
DjShift wrote:
Bought a 1994 Range Rover Classic County a couple weeks ago and picked it up yesterday.

It's no show car though, definitely my project/winter car but I wanted one of these Amphibious Exploring Vehicles so I got one. lol

A starter car? This is a finisher car! A transporter of gods! The golden god!

That's one of my favorite scenes of the whole show.
Last modified by r8lover, 13 November 2017, 03:06
Deleted account
GTRJacko, 10 January 2018, 23:39
Thought i'd revive this thread, showing my new car

2008 SAAB 9-3 Vector Sport.

[https://imgur.com/hCwzHs2.jpg]

[https://imgur.com/ceFsxEo.jpg]

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
dandude999, 11 January 2018, 07:17
This post was deleted 11 January 2018, 07:17 by dandude999

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
DjShift, 17 January 2018, 06:53
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

A starter car? This is a finisher car! A transporter of gods! The golden god!

That's one of my favorite scenes of the whole show.

lol, same here. If I was picking my top five episodes it would be this one, The Nightman Cometh, Frank Retires, McPoyle vs Ponderosa: the Trial of the Century, and Hero or Hate Crime.

Not many shows will ever top Always Sunny in how hilarious they are.

That car is still broken though. Had gotten it stuck in a shed for a while and just got it out but now it doesn't often turn on and when it does it plumes massive clouds of white smoke out of the exhausts. Hopefully it's a repairable issue.
Last modified by DjShift, 17 January 2018, 06:54

DjShift
Post a reply