Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Leaf_Soto, 24 March 2018, 02:20
I just use this one site here as my third home.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
ALB15, 24 March 2018, 18:03
FastMojo2 wrote:
GTRJacko wrote:
The inconsistency of quality on Autogespot is one of the reasons i stopped contributing to the website last year. I was fed-up of having gone to the lengths of editing my photos for the website, and all so that some 'person' could report the spot, and for it to be deleted. I had spots get deleted because of 'quality' issues, being that one admin didn't like how i edit the photos. Fine, i respect their opinion, however seeing as all the photos were clear and crisp anyway, why should that be a problem. You never knew if it was a moderator or user who reported the spot.

I uploaded a spot of a Maserati GranTurismo in London once, with them deleting the spot soon after. I found nothing wrong with the pictures, so uploaded it again. They deleted it. Rinse and Repeat. The 5th deletion report message stated: 'STOP UPLOADING OVEREDITED PHOTOS' or something along the lines of that, even though in my eyes, the photos were not overedited in the slightest. I've seen much worse looking photos on the website, that's for sure. I ignored the message, because i knew that the photos of this car were acceptable for Autogespot, and to piss off the moderators. I was banned for 5 days....

It's not the worst scenario yet that you've experienced. Earlier this month, a group dedicated to hate on me attempted hard to remove all my spots and ban me from AG, without giving any proper and stated reason. They even call my CCX spot as 'sh*t', and some other spots such as garbage, cr*p, makes me puke, spotted by an a***ole, and many more.

Lucky that another admin had erased the topic and ban them.

Ignore them...they r just jealous that they never spotted one. I don't understand why they can't just be happy for you. I've never seen one but was happy that you were able to. Some people are just idiots

ALB15
Leaf_Soto, 25 March 2018, 00:23
ALB15 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
GTRJacko wrote:
The inconsistency of quality on Autogespot is one of the reasons i stopped contributing to the website last year. I was fed-up of having gone to the lengths of editing my photos for the website, and all so that some 'person' could report the spot, and for it to be deleted. I had spots get deleted because of 'quality' issues, being that one admin didn't like how i edit the photos. Fine, i respect their opinion, however seeing as all the photos were clear and crisp anyway, why should that be a problem. You never knew if it was a moderator or user who reported the spot.

I uploaded a spot of a Maserati GranTurismo in London once, with them deleting the spot soon after. I found nothing wrong with the pictures, so uploaded it again. They deleted it. Rinse and Repeat. The 5th deletion report message stated: 'STOP UPLOADING OVEREDITED PHOTOS' or something along the lines of that, even though in my eyes, the photos were not overedited in the slightest. I've seen much worse looking photos on the website, that's for sure. I ignored the message, because i knew that the photos of this car were acceptable for Autogespot, and to piss off the moderators. I was banned for 5 days....

It's not the worst scenario yet that you've experienced. Earlier this month, a group dedicated to hate on me attempted hard to remove all my spots and ban me from AG, without giving any proper and stated reason. They even call my CCX spot as 'sh*t', and some other spots such as garbage, cr*p, makes me puke, spotted by an a***ole, and many more.

Lucky that another admin had erased the topic and ban them.

Ignore them...they r just jealous that they never spotted one. I don't understand why they can't just be happy for you. I've never seen one but was happy that you were able to. Some people are just idiots

Of course people are idiots. As much as I heart humanity, some people just need to burn in Satan's furnace.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
pdkcars, 25 March 2018, 18:53
Well, it just doesn't seem worth it to "prove" myself to Autogespot once again because it's not worth it. I don't have the tolerance these days to deal with any kind of bad staff on websites. On top of that the site just had an ugly update and I can't find any ways to make it English anymore so...

Instagram claims chronological feed is coming back. I have a lot of engagement last year and that was with algorithm. If they fix it I'll have more than I had before and that kind of makes Autogespot worthless. Once I start posting again I'll upload my eligible spots here and that's it. No more Autogespot and no more Flickr because that place is dead.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
pdkcars, 22 April 2018, 19:16
Well, I don't upload to Autogespot anymore but I noticed that someone got spot of the day on a spot with "no rear pictures" and it didn't get removed. So of course I commented on it and guess what, my comment got removed.

You know it's one thing to delete my pictures. It's another thing to try and silence me about something. I don't get what their problem is. I've done nothing wrong. You know a site is trash when they don't treat people equally and basically try to gaslight you and make you seem/look like you're crazy because they have something against you for whatever reason. Shame the spotting community has become so toxic...

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
waddle2gracious, 23 April 2018, 15:01
pdkcars wrote:
Well, I don't upload to Autogespot anymore but I noticed that someone got spot of the day on a spot with "no rear pictures" and it didn't get removed. So of course I commented on it and guess what, my comment got removed.

You know it's one thing to delete my pictures. It's another thing to try and silence me about something. I don't get what their problem is. I've done nothing wrong. You know a site is trash when they don't treat people equally and basically try to gaslight you and make you seem/look like you're crazy because they have something against you for whatever reason. Shame the spotting community has become so toxic...

omg lol that ain't right.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Rivitography, 02 May 2018, 05:20
I can see why people get fed up with the website, but tbh I love AG. It has opened my eyes to enjoy a wider variety of cars than ES. It has allowed me to enjoy stuff such as Mustangs, Camaros, AMGs, RS models, M cars, and so on. I love how you can keep track of all the cars you have found, you can organize them by license plate, etc. I've had some bad experiences with some of the crew members but if you follow all of the rules, you take excellent photos of multiple angles of the car and put a nice description in the notes section when uploading, you will go far. I currently have 1700 spots on there and counting.

Rivitography
from New York
dandude999, 02 May 2018, 06:24
Rivitography wrote:
I can see why people get fed up with the website, but tbh I love AG. It has opened my eyes to enjoy a wider variety of cars than ES. It has allowed me to enjoy stuff such as Mustangs, Camaros, AMGs, RS models, M cars, and so on. I love how you can keep track of all the cars you have found, you can organize them by license plate, etc. I've had some bad experiences with some of the crew members but if you follow all of the rules, you take excellent photos of multiple angles of the car and put a nice description in the notes section when uploading, you will go far. I currently have 1700 spots on there and counting.

I agree, those are basically all the reasons I really enjoy AG as well. I also enjoy it because there are a lot of UK spotters on the site. I'm on 531 spots and counting. : D

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
pdkcars, 03 May 2018, 17:25
Rivitography wrote:

Yeah I've always loved Autogespot but I'm sorry, their uploading rules are stupid. Multiple angles are always a priority but not allowing a spot because somebody with a 50mm couldn't get a front picture of a car tightly parked in a lot? Even though they (I) tried to get front details/closeups because I couldn't get a full front? It doesn't matter how good your shots or are how many angles, if you're missing a front or rear shot because its impossible, boom there goes your spot.

That's bullshit. Period. And then I noticed that some older spots of cars, taken with phones obviously, in tight parking spaces don't have a rear or front shot depending on the situation and they're still there.

I'd bypass the annoyance had they handled it better. But they way they handled it turned me off and I'll never upload there again no matter what I see. I'll still look at your spots and others though. I tried talking to the Instagram Autogespot guy and he like doesn't comprehend a word I'm saying... so there goes that.

Imagine this, if I spotted an F12TDF and couldn't get a full front shot, it wouldn't be allowed. That's not fair. That's idiotic. This is spotting, not a photoshoot. It takes away the fun from spotting because you have to skip those spots on that site even if it was the best spot of your year/that you got.
Last modified by pdkcars, 03 May 2018, 17:28

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
pdkcars, 03 May 2018, 17:33
And then they treat some American spotters dirty like that Daniel guy. Yes, photoshoots shouldn't be allowed. But even his spots get deleted even if he has all the angles. Dallas is an insane city and the combos he sees are realistic and they act like that's not allowed. It's just stupid.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FastMojo2, 10 May 2018, 13:17
Only sometimes AG were trash. Ranging from site bugs that causes most of the spot pictures not successfully uploaded to some people that were butthurt, jealous and trying to take you down. I've seen people wrongfully accusing some of my shots as event shots, not allowed, etc. such as the Koenigsegg CCX shot, comments such as 'Please stop' (sometimes accompanied by offensive remarks such as for f*ck's sake), persuading admins to ban you from the site, etc.

But after all, the only better things there is that it allows more number of shots (up to 10), complete vehicle names (such as McLaren 12C Singapore Edition instead of the neutral McLaren 12C in ES), spot of the day and more.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 10 May 2018, 13:19

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
szhirr, 22 May 2018, 21:08
Audi R8 GT 2019
Upset by the comment, I think the man who took this pics was driving.

szhirr
from Mexico
pdkcars, 23 May 2018, 18:37
szhirr wrote:
Audi R8 GT 2019
Upset by the comment, I think the man who took this pics was driving.

-_- It amazes me how flat out dumb they are at Autogespot. Sure, let me speed up and then be even more dangerous on the road trying to get a front shot while driving. Otherwise, don't bother posting it even though it's a legit rare sighting that many would like to see...

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
racemanryan, 05 June 2018, 14:01
Morgan Roadster
So I decided to post this same Morgan Roadster I posted on here on Autogespot. I used 7 high-quality photos of the car. Woke up this morning with an email stating it had been deleted. This is what it stated:
"Reason : Not accepted

We do not accept every car which is uploaded. If your spot has been deleted as 'not accepted', it means that the type of car you uploaded is not accepted on Autogespot. Example given, a Nissan 350Z and BMW M3 E46.

Autogespot"

Are they trying to say a Morgan and a 350Z are the same now?
Last modified by racemanryan, 05 June 2018, 14:02

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
waddle2gracious, 05 June 2018, 14:28
racemanryan wrote:
Morgan Roadster
So I decided to post this same Morgan Roadster I posted on here on Autogespot. I used 7 high-quality photos of the car. Woke up this morning with an email stating it had been deleted. This is what it stated:
"Reason : Not accepted

We do not accept every car which is uploaded. If your spot has been deleted as 'not accepted', it means that the type of car you uploaded is not accepted on Autogespot. Example given, a Nissan 350Z and BMW M3 E46.

Autogespot"

Are they trying to say a Morgan and a 350Z are the same now?

Wow. Not only is the car wayy rarer in this case, but seeing a car like that in such a small town makes it even more special to see. lol still glad I'm not on AG
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 05 June 2018, 14:29

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Post a reply