Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Nccars, 25 January 2021, 02:52
ES should improve photo quality which can be a difficult thing but I don't use Autogespot, always found it rather difficult to navigate but after reading above some of the 'reviews' of it. Yeah not for me

Nccars
from Mesa, United States
Iuhoosierfan, 05 February 2021, 01:16
Autogespot would be better if you could just post without having a plate so you have more flexibility about what shot you spots. For example, the downside to autogespot is that if you take a shot of a car driving in the opposite direction and it's a great spot, but you can't upload to AG because you couldn't get license plate, even if the shot was still good quality. There's way more members on the site, but it seems like it limits you to just posting street or parked shots unless you're lucky to get the plate of moving cars.

Iuhoosierfan
Mtweedel13, 05 February 2021, 01:52
Iuhoosierfan wrote:
Autogespot would be better if you could just post without having a plate so you have more flexibility about what shot you spots. For example, the downside to autogespot is that if you take a shot of a car driving in the opposite direction and it's a great spot, but you can't upload to AG because you couldn't get license plate, even if the shot was still good quality. There's way more members on the site, but it seems like it limits you to just posting street or parked shots unless you're lucky to get the plate of moving cars.

Not to mention the tons of car owners that don't like having their license plate photographed

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
FastMojo2, 17 May 2021, 17:43
Looks like I had to open up this old thread again. This is getting serious now...

From what I know, these were the things still happening on AG.

- AG still implements the 'demerit points' system until today. Any spots removed either because it breaks the rule, or even not caused by you (e.g. uploading error) and any site rules broken counts as demerit points. Today, I got 3 of my spots removed, 2 of them because of blurry photos, and 1 because of uploading error. To make matters worse, AG now implements the 'demerit points' system harsher than before, they started to gave even less mercy now, and more demerit points for every wrongdoings than before.
- Lies, hoaxes and accusations still plagued the site.
- Bans were easier to get than reputation now, and reputations were easier to get ruined than increasing.
- Aggressive, harsh, corrupt and toxic members still plagued the site. Even more admins were corrupt now. You didn't get any aid/help at all, and if a corrupt/toxic member hates you and reported your spots, you're typically done.
- Discrimination still plagued the site. If you're not a spotter from Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Middle East and North America, good luck. They would often harass/bully you out of the blue.
- Their silly uploading rules. Mandatory fully-displayed plates, at least 1 shot of both front and rear, no 'camping'.
- And how they take certain spots. Popular places that tend to have lots of cars appearing at once, still can be considered an 'event' now. How would someone do spotting successfully if there is an exotic car culture in Indonesia where exotic car owners tend to come with groups?

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 17 May 2021, 17:46
- Site bugs that still hasn't been fixed until today. Often that photos failed to be uploaded to the site, certain photo spots can't be accessed (it instead redirects you to the main page), etc.
- Maintenance/care level of the site is low. If you're not a Dutch-speaking person, you didn't have a chance. Submitting a feedback/report won't work.
- Premium features. What also slowly killing the site.

I would say if that I didn't have friendships with certain people there, I'm done with AG. Too many nonsense rules.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Mtweedel13, 09 November 2021, 16:21
I can no longer upload my spots onto Autogespot because minimum picture width is 2560 pixels, and my camera defaults at 1920x1280. Unbelievable.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Exoticsont, 09 November 2021, 19:07
The website is quite hard to navigate and I recently tried to upload the photos of the black SF90 I spotted I tried for at least 20 mins before giving up it said there was a problem with a few of the images but I had no idea which ones.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
FastMojo2, 20 December 2021, 01:51
Update:

AG now starts to reject Japanese car spots (with the GT-R R35, NSX and Lexus line of sports cars as an exception) bit by bit now. I had 3 Japanese car spots that were eligible (a Skyline GT-R R34, Skyline ER34 and Lancer Evolution IX) and they were the only ones that got taken down.

And oh, don't forget. Spots that had to be been taken down still counts as demerits for the spotter on the site now. You didn't know most JDM spots were no longer acceptable and then suddenly you got stamped with demerit points. Moreover if multiple spots of yours got taken down.

Older ones were not targeted, the newer ones were.

No wonder the site is going more and more downhill.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 20 December 2021, 01:55

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 26 December 2021, 14:31
This post was deleted 15 August 2022, 13:25 by FastMojo2

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 21 March 2022, 01:57

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 21 March 2022, 14:18

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 04 May 2022, 05:41

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 15 May 2022, 14:23

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 15 August 2022, 13:22
OK... a hard announcement. And a final update.

Once I've finished my last 3 batch of uploads, I'll quit AG. I'm done with that site, too many stupid things ranging from users that discriminating spotters from countries other than Europe, North America and East Asia, mass reporting, sensivity and more.

I'll even cancel all of my best spots last Sunday (except for the SF90 Stradale) to be uploaded there.

Basically, AG is a total failure in my eyes.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 15 August 2022, 13:34

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
pawipow, 24 July 2023, 18:05
It's important to prioritise your wellbeing and mental health, so if you feel that quitting AH is the best decision for you, it's important to see it through. Remember that there are other platforms and communities online where you can share your interests and hobbies in a more supportive and positive environment. For example, I love watching films with Anissa Kate and I find it very relaxing. If you have any concerns about your data or content on the site, be sure to read the platform's policy on account or content removal. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss or if you need help with anything unrelated to this situation, feel free to share. Remember, it's not a good idea to take breaks or leave the internet if it becomes overwhelming or harmful to your well-being. Take care of yourself!
Last modified by pawipow, 25 July 2023, 14:57

pawipow
Post a reply