Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
tramonto, 26 December 2015, 23:52
Model X. Don't know if I should post it.

tramonto
Lamborarri, 27 December 2015, 00:02
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

I also got a new camera today, hoping to spot a few things with it next week!! :)

Lamborarri
from Illinois
HAWPhotography, 27 December 2015, 01:01
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

I also got a new camera today, hoping to spot a few things with it next week!! :)

Some tips for a new camera, make sure you are shooting RAW, and make sure that you are shooting manual, if not atleast shoot Shutter Priority
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 27 December 2015, 01:48
HAWPhotography wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

Some tips for a new camera, make sure you are shooting RAW, and make sure that you are shooting manual, if not atleast shoot Shutter Priority

Thanks Henry! I appreciate your tips and will be sure to use them. :)

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Star080, 27 December 2015, 01:57
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster
Bentley Arnage
Porsche 991 GT3 (missed)
Jaguar XK-RS (missed)
Rolls-Royce Wraith
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe (missed)
BMW i8
BMW i3*7
BMW M6 F12
Maserati GranTurismo
Maserati Quattroporte*4
Maserati Ghibli*8
Audi RS7 2015
Cadillac XLR
new Honda Civic

Star080
SDJ2_Photography, 27 December 2015, 03:41
Lamborarri wrote:
HAWPhotography wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

Thanks Henry! I appreciate your tips and will be sure to use them. :)

ONLY USE RAW IF YOU HAVE A RAW CONVERTER IF YOU DON'T YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And also the D3300 is an awesome camera. I'm so happy with mine. I'd highly reccomend the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 lens when you get the chance, I just got it and am in love lol.
Also, manual with the D3300 can be a little annoying if you don't play with the settings for every single picture. Also, if you're doing manual focusing (which I don't really reccomend unless it's needed) you have to be careful because it's super easy to get out of focus pictures.
Last modified by SDJ2_Photography, 27 December 2015, 03:42

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Mtweedel13, 27 December 2015, 05:04
Star080 wrote:
Bentley Arnage
Porsche 991 GT3 (missed)
Jaguar XK-RS (missed)
Rolls-Royce Wraith
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
BMW i8
BMW i3*7
BMW M6 F12
Maserati GranTurismo
Maserati Quattroporte*4
Maserati Ghibli*8
Audi RS7 2015
Cadillac XLR
new Honda Civic

Does the * mean number of (car)? If so, 7 i3s is amazing

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Star080, 27 December 2015, 05:31
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Star080 wrote:
Bentley Arnage
Porsche 991 GT3 (missed)
Jaguar XK-RS (missed)
Rolls-Royce Wraith
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
BMW i8
BMW i3*7
BMW M6 F12
Maserati GranTurismo
Maserati Quattroporte*4
Maserati Ghibli*8
Audi RS7 2015
Cadillac XLR
new Honda Civic

Does the * mean number of (car)? If so, 7 i3s is amazing

Yes it is. There are lots of i3s in downtown Vancouver today.

Star080
DjShift, 27 December 2015, 05:58
HAWPhotography wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

Not so sure i agree with this just yet. I would say to shoot in auto for a little while to get used to the camera before switching to manual or even shutter priority. Especially if you're going from a phone to a camera or Nikon to Canon (and vice versa). Auto can often produce the best photos but not unless you completely know your settings and how the specific camera reacts to light/color. ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE TO SPOT FROM INSIDE A MOVING CAR. NEVER USE MANUAL THERE.

But he is right in that RAW (especially if it can do both at once) is a must.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
HAWPhotography, 27 December 2015, 15:00
DjShift wrote:
HAWPhotography wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

Not so sure i agree with this just yet. I would say to shoot in auto for a little while to get used to the camera before switching to manual or even shutter priority. Especially if you're going from a phone to a camera or Nikon to Canon (and vice versa). Auto can often produce the best photos but not unless you completely know your settings and how the specific camera reacts to light/color. ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIKE TO SPOT FROM INSIDE A MOVING CAR. NEVER USE MANUAL THERE.

Imo you should atleast do shitter priority for cars, or else your photos will be blurry.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 27 December 2015, 16:27
DjShift wrote:

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people will shoot in manual just to say they do. When I'm at car week I shoot auto almost the entire time (except at night of course).

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
SDJ2_Photography, 27 December 2015, 16:34
HAWPhotography wrote:
shitter priority

lol

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
DjShift, 27 December 2015, 22:55
HAWPhotography wrote:
DjShift wrote:
HAWPhotography wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
BMW M6 Cabrio
BMW M5 F10

Imo you should atleast do shitter priority for cars, or else your photos will be blurry.

I'll say it definitely has it's useful moments, especially if the car is stationary in mid-day sunlight or you're trying to do a panning (absolute must for panning) but it can also get you a lot of messed up photos if you use it when you're moving/not ready/not used to it and not enough practice. I trained myself to do pannings in shutter priority by standing at the end of my driveway doing a panning on every ordinary car that drove by for a few hours until some redneck in a truck got mad about it and decided to honk and sware when he drove by and almost turned around to fight me but i ran inside. Got pretty good at the pannings but probably won't try doing that again anytime soon.

But sports mode is what i use the most right now and i usually get fairly high quality moving shots with it.

And that was a pretty funny typo you have there.

DjShift
DjShift, 27 December 2015, 22:57
sumosloths wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Yeah, I feel like a lot of people will shoot in manual just to say they do. When I'm at car week I shoot auto almost the entire time (except at night of course).

I agree there. Probably because all of the photography websites always say they should but what everyone forgets is that those photography websites are all talking about landscapes and not automotive photography. if there's a lot of movement (water being the exception) i wouldn't recommend manual at all.

DjShift
DjShift, 27 December 2015, 23:02
If i had to pick my absolute biggest piece of advice for a new camera owner though, it would be to go buy a Hoya or B+W polarization filter as soon as you get the money.

DjShift
Post a reply